V-packings or Vee-packings are automatic hydraulic and pneumatic seals designed for sealing rods, rams, pistons and plungers. The seals consist of seven split rings, a male and female adapter and five inner “vee” rings, which utilize a distinct hinge area to allow an automatic reaction to pressure. V-packings are used in a wide range of applications ranging from oil drilling, pumps and presses, construction equipment, industrial machinery and service station equipment.
- Operate under high temperatures
- Used for liquids and steam
- Remains stable under compressive loads
- Medium and heavy-duty mechanical applications
- Oil and gas industries
- Petro-chemical industries