Silicone Sponge is a closed cell material. This material has low compression, can resist flames, and has excellent fluid and fuel resistance. Silicone sponge material is used to create custom gaskets and cushioning pads. This material is high performing in water sealing and outdoor applications with the unique characteristics to repel water and great insulation from electricity, it can be used in a wide range of applications.
- High temperature stability
- Extreme temperature usage exposure from -100°F up to 500°F
- Strong levels of resilience
- Less flame resistant, usually can’t achieve flame ratings beyond UL94HB
- Resists degradation and aging due to sunlight and ozone exposure